Roger Stone faces an uncertain future after being indicted in the Robert Mueller investigation but one this is certain: he is center stage in American politics, right where he loves to be.
Perhaps no one loves the spotlight more than Stone, and he’s made a career out of staying there. His quotes are outrageous and attention-getting and never boring.
For almost 50 years Stone has been the "dirty trickster" of Republican politics. He helped Ronald Reagan win the state of New York twice even though that first victory came when no Republican had won it in the previous 10 elections. He showed great foresight when he urged Donald Trump to run for president 20 years ago.
"Attack, attack, attack —never defend. Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack" is the pillar of his political philosophy.
Here are just some of Stone's more colorful quotes:
- "I revel in your hatred, because if I weren't effective, you wouldn't hate me.”
- "It's rare that I'm accused of something I'm not guilty of."
- "Never miss the opportunity to have sex or be on Television"--a Gore Vidal quote he cites often.
- "The only thing worse in politics than being wrong is being boring."
- "Hate is a stronger motivator than love."
- "Miami is a sunny place for shady people. I fit right in.”
- "When I hear the word 'culture,' I reach for my revolver."